During the last seventeen years Jessica has been an instructor and competitor in several areas of dog training. She has received certifications in professional obedience, behavior modification, detection (explosives and narcotics), patrol, and human/cadaver trailing. Beyond her certifications, Jessica is best known for dog agility having competed at both National and International Dog Agility Championships. Jessica's diverse knowledge in numerous areas of training allows her to understand at the highest level what a dog needs in order to succeed.
Jessica attributes her success to her belief in the importance of teaching dogs to make the correct decisions both on the agility course and in their daily lives. Jessica accomplishes this with her dogs by creating a very strong bond paired with the use of her own methodology of instinct vs. information. Jessica believes that in order for dogs to truly understand what is correct they must also understand what is wrong. With the clear knowledge of right from wrong as well as a positive relationship with your dog, there are no limits to what can be achieved.
- Competed in the 2013 European Open Agility Championships on team USA
- Competed in the AKC National Agility Championship in the year 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, and 2014
- Qualified for eight National Agility Championships
- Has attained over forty titles on five different dogs
- Has received the Master Agility Championship title on three dogs
- Certified in professional obedience, behavior modification, detection (explosives and narcotics), patrol, and human/cadaver trailing
- Certified in 2011 as a Narcotics handler with K-9 "Savvy"